Contract: Part-time fixed term for 12 months
Salary: £9.50 per hour (increasing to £10.42 on 1 April 2023)
Hours: 30 hours per week
- Working for an award-winning organisation that values creativity
- ‘Getting to know the MAC’ tickets – your path to becoming an insider
- 35% staff discount in our café bar
- Membership of Inspire employee assistance programme
- Employer pension contributions
- Free Flu jab
Main Purpose of the Job
Playing a vital role within the Visitor Services Team, reporting to the Operations Team Leader, this person will be responsible for ensuring that all visitors to the MAC receive the highest standard of service and quality. Supporting in the smooth running of events from start to finish. They will ensure the highest possible standards of safety, stewarding, sales and service to MAC visitors, from the welcome on arrival to the farewell on departure.
The post holder will be able to work flexibly across three primary areas – café bar, gallery invigilation, and live events, while supporting events and workshops when required, ensuring a consistent high level of service to all areas.
Successful applicants will be offered a variety of daytime, evening and weekend shifts subject to live event, gallery and building schedule. They will be cross-trained across all frontline roles including, barista, usher, distributing programs, coat check, acting as a gallery invigilator, wayfinding, general information, welcoming groups, retail sales, and other duties as assigned.
- 5 GCSEs’ or equivalent grade C or above
- 1 years’ experience of working within a customer facing environment including directly dealing with members of the public. E.g., Bar, Restaurant, hotels, retail, cinema, theatres
- Experience of working with a wide range of customers and members of the public
- Experience of providing a smooth efficient service to a range of stakeholders both internal and external
- Barista/café/bar experience
- Experience of working in a high-quality hospitality environment/corporate event
- Sales experience to include handling cash and proactively selling to customers
Thank you for your interest in this role, for further details please download an application pack from the link below.
Customer Service Assistant (CaféBar)
- Please read the information in the job description and send an email to
- email@example.com with the following attachments in Word or PDF format only (we cannot accept links to online CVs, profiles, document downloads or psd files etc),
- Your CV, no more than 2 A4 pages long, including your name, home address, email, and contact number,
- A cover letter, no more than 500 words long, outlining why you’re a suitable candidate for the Box Office role based on the criteria in the job description. Please include the names, addresses, email, phone number and occupations of two people, not related to you, to whom references may be obtained. One of your referees must be your current or most recent employer.
- A completed equal opportunity monitoring form.
Alternatively, post your application to the HR and Admin Officer, The MAC, 10 Exchange Street West, Belfast, BT1 2NJ.
The closing date for receipt of applications for the above post is 12 noon on Tuesday 14 March 2023. Interviews will take place W/C 20 March 2023.
The applicants who fit the specifications outlined above most closely will be shortlisted for interview, so please make sure you tell us everything relevant on your CV.
Please note that we are unable to consider any applications which are received after the deadline. If you cannot make an offered interview time, we may not be able to give you an alternative. If you have not heard from us by 24 March 2023, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We particularly welcome applications from ethnic minorities, people with health conditions or impairments, LGBTQI+ and other candidates who are under-represented across the workforce.
The closing date for receipt of applications for the above post is 12 noon on Tuesday 14 March 2023.