The NI Executive announced the schedule on 15th April for relaxing lockdown restrictions. These are the principal changes affecting the Arts and Culture sector.
- Leisure and entertainment venues, including theatres, concert halls, cinemas, indoor museums, galleries, visitor and other cultural attractions are not permitted to open.
- Outdoor visitor attractions are not permitted to open.
- Theatres and concert halls are permitted to open for rehearsals or a live recording without an audience.
From 23 April
- Outdoor visitor attractions and activity centres may reopen. This includes drive-in cinemas and performances.
- Outdoor static band practice/rehearsal is permitted
From 24 May (Indicative date only)
- Indoor visitor and cultural attractions can reopen – subject to review.
The current regulations will be reviewed on 13th May 2021.
Arts organisations are advised to consult the Arts Council of Northern Ireland’s guidance manual, In the Bubble of our Making: Reopening the arts in Northern Ireland, to support the safe reopening of arts performance venues, closed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.