Community Arts Partnership offers groups and individuals the opportunity to take part in the arts through our workshops programme and tailor-made arts projects.
Our programmes are made up of a wide range of exciting projects in different art forms.
- Landmarks – visual arts / art in public projects
- Masque – performing and carnival arts projects
- LaVA – Literature and Verbal Arts
Poetry in Motion for Schools and Poetry in Motion for Community
- Side by Side – bringing together people of different abilities
- TRASH Fashion – eco-aware fashion
- This is Me – media and digital media
All workshops are run by professional artists with expertise in different arts forms and a wealth of experience in working with community groups and schools. Participants have a central role in the projects: they choose the level they want to work at, issues or themes they wish to explore, and also the content and style of their art works.
Projects aim to promote participation in the arts from all sections of society, focussing on engaging those who are marginalised. They are developed to meet the needs and interests of groups and individuals of all ages and abilities, and with different cultures, backgrounds, and lifestyles.
The workshop programme also aims to bring positive changes in individuals and communities. Participants are encouraged to gain a variety of skills, while communities are supported to take new directions, and build dialogue and understanding within and across communities.
Tailor-made arts projects
We develop and deliver a variety of tailor-made arts projects in partnership with other groups and organisations:
- Arts workshops in different art forms inspired by our arts workshops programme
- Taster sessions to encourage those who are new to the arts or others who are simply curious to try something new
- Open arts workshops in occasion of festivals and other public celebrations to add an additional creative edge to these events
These projects, like our arts programme workshops, are facilitated by professional artists, and tailored to suit the needs of participants of different ages, abilities, cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles.
For more information contact Julianne Skillen, Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org