Findings from the Arts Council of Northern Ireland’s Annual Funding Survey published last week highlight the stark pressures placed on the arts sector as a direct result of the Covid-19 pandemic. Employment levels and income generation have experienced substantial shifts and major changes were reported on how audiences access arts programming, as more activities moved online.
- 97 organisations received £12.9m
- 9% fall in total income
- 99% fall in Income from ticket sales
- 27% decline in contract/freelance employment
- 67,000 to 59 drop in in-person arts activities
- 15m audiences for online arts activities